Nominations for the Ohio Military Hall of Fame are accepted year round. The requirements are simple:
- The nominee must have either been born in the State of Ohio or conscripted into service from the State of Ohio.
- The nominee must have been awarded a U.S. military medal for valor. These medals include:
- Medal of Honor
- Distinguished Service Cross
- Navy Cross
- Air Force Cross
- Silver Star
- Distinguished Flying Cross for Heroism
- Bronze Star Medal with “V” Device
- Air Medal with “V” Device
- Commendation Medal with “V” Device
- Medals must have been awarded for a specific act of heroism. Awards for an extended period of time may not qualify if they appear to be for meritorious service.
- Bronze Star Medals awarded during World War II because the soldier was awarded the Combat Infantryman’s Badge do not qualify, since they were not awarded for valor or heroism.
- By signing the application you are agreeing to the release of your contact information to the press in compliance with our long standing policy. We will make every effort to protect your privacy. Such a release will only be made in connection with the induction ceremony and will be limited to your Name, Address and Phone Number.
We are now currently taking applications for the class of 2024 and beyond. Applicants are processed on a first come first served basis using the date we receive ALL relevant documentation.
Acceptance of inductee subject to background check to identify individuals with felony convictions.